Friday, September 24, 2010

October Happenings

Greetings - it has been way too long and I am not sure where the time has gone.  I will say enjoy your rides as you do not know what you have until it is gone.  I was a 5 to 7 day a week rider until I underwent knee surgery at the end of August - found more damage then anticipated when they went in to scope - ended up doing a few procedures while they were there with micro-fracture surgery being the worst and I have now been off the bike for four weeks (other than a few easy pedals in proximity to my dwelling) and am missing it terribly.  Next follow-up in a week and hopefully good news will result.  But I digress.

Two big events coming up in Allentown and we are hoping for some participation.  First on the agenda is the West End Oktoberfest on 19th Street in Allentown.  It promises to be bigger and better in its third year.  BikeAllentown is not only volunteering to help out where needed for this event - but we will have a tent set up and will be borrowing two bike racks from the city to park your faithful steeds.  Stop by - say hello - have a beverage and hang for awhile.  More info here - http://www.westendoktoberfest.com/6.html

The following week we are proposing our first Fall ride of the year on Sunday October 10th at 10am.  Aiming to do something a little different and will be meeting at Cedar Beach Pool in Allentown for a ride to the Emmaus Farmer's Market.  There are some rolling hills but we will ride at a very casual Sunday drive kinda pace - so bring a a backpack or hook-up your trailer and come join us.  I estimate this one to be about ten miles total.  You can find more info on the market here - http://www.emmausmarket.com/

Here's to hoping I get clearance for such a ride from the doctor next week.  If you need any additional info on either of these events feel free to drop me a line at saulgood@ptd.net

Ride on my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment